Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lunch Bunch



The pictures didn't turn out well at all.
I think I need to clean my lens.
And learn how to take pictures when facing the sun.
And not take pictures when people
are chewing food.
But, I want to share these because
they are women whose friendship I cherish.

Many years ago in the 16th ward, we started to have a "lunch bunch" with any ladies in the Relief Society who wanted to come. We meet once a month at different restaurants about town. It ended up being a core group of women, usually anywhere from 6 to 15 on any given month. When the ward dissolved, it became an even more important event, because now we don't see each other very often even though most of us still live in the same homes. There have been a few who have passed on, and others who have moved away but still come back sometimes. Kay and Maisel always make our December lunch bunch fun with little favors and games.  In past years we've met at Riverside Country club in a beautiful room with a big round table, but it is closed for remodeling.  So today Kay had it at her home and people brought delicious food,   We can fill the whole time with just talking, but we also had fun with this.



I Love these Women.












2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Ha! You and Dianne are having a private joke. It looks so fun. There was only one woman I couldn't place.

Tiffany said...

love all those women, many of which have had a huge impact on my life. But Mom, you really do need a little camera 101!