Crinkled Oranges

Friday, December 11, 2009

A little

elf

heard these conversations yesterday
while Gary and I were renewing our
driver's licenses.
It's been 10 years since our last picture,
so we had to do it in person.

Man at information desk:  "Well, it looks like you stopped dying your hair."
Gary:  "Well, I guess."

Woman:  "Well it looks like you stopped dying your hair."
Gary:  Chuckle. "Yeah, well I never did dye it, but it's definitely thinning out."

Gary to woman taking the picture for his driver's license:  "What I would really like to do is just cut out the picture from 10 years ago and use it."

Woman taking picture:  snicker

Gary:  "I had a moustache in that picture.  Do you have a marker so I could draw one on?"

Woman taking picture:  louder snicker and side glance

Annette:  "Can I take my glasses off for my picture, even though I have to wear them when I drive?"

Woman taking picture:  "Yes, it doesn't matter."

Gary:  "Hey, no fair, I had my glasses on for my picture."

Woman taking picture:  shaking head

Gary: "Well, I've been dying my hair gray for a few years, but I've decided to go natural and let it go black again. So, can I get another picture."

Woman taking picture:  "Who are you?"

Gary:  "Just an average Utah citizen."

Woman:  "You mean a guy with gray hair and glasses?" 
(I'd say she got him on that one)

1999 Mug Shots




4 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Nice conversation. Very funny. They do look like mug shots.

tingey said...

I want to see the mug shot today?

Tiffany said...

i can hear it all in my head. hilarious. thanks for the laugh!

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

I don't think you look a day older.