Crinkled Oranges

Monday, December 7, 2009

Monk

Gary and I watched the very last three episodes of "Monk." tonight.  We had recorded them, so while I worked, we watched.  That has been one of my favorite tv shows in recent years, and I hate to see it end.  It was always quirky, and funny, and sad all wrapped up in one.  And it was always family-friendly clean, too.   I'll miss it.   A new show I'm enjoying is "The Mentalist."  It has a lot of those same qualities.  I've always loved "who-done-its," but so many now days are full of graphic, gory, or obscene images that are so unnecessary and degrading.    Ah, the good old days of "Matlock," "Murder she Wrote," and "Perry Mason."

4 comments:

tingey said...

I can't believe it, you can delete studio 5 episodes for Monk? But when we want to watch "BALL GAMES" no such luck?

Tom Anderson said...

I really like the Mentalist as well. It is one of the few I like to watch each week.

Misty B. said...

I agree about the good-old-days of tv, before all the yucky stuff. However Mom, I tried to watch re-run of "Murder She Wrote" recently-- I can't believe we sat thru all the cheesiness!

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

i love your Christmas decorations! they are really pretty. I also agree...tv these days...kind of sad. And the good shows always seem to go off the air way too fast!