Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Twelve

Days of Christmas tradition.

Back in 1983 my friend, Barbara, and I started exchanging gifts for the 12 days of Christmas.  It has been a fun tradition.  It started when we met each other as neighbors on 300 West.  It has continued for 25 years through her years in Cheyenne (where we mailed them), to her move back to Logan, where we meet to have dinner and exchange them.   All year long I'll pick up things for her as she does for me.  Many times it is at after holiday sales, so we'll get Easter decorations or Halloween decorations.   There have been some very creative and fun gifts over the years, but the best part is just the tradition of the friendship.  It's also fun to open something every day for 12 days. 

The 12 Days of Christmas has definitely mushroomed into my Christmas decorations, also.  I'll take some photos of some of my favorite on another day.

We had our dinner and gift exchange last night at Mimi's restaurant in Layton.  It is such a fun tradition.


 

1 comment:

Tom Anderson said...

You have a huge network of fun, good friends who you have known for many years. I think your 12 days is a great tradition. Good traditions make for much fun.