Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Orange Lilies

During the summer of 1995, right after Misty and Dan got married, I was still very much a novice at gardening. Dan's sister, Cindy, had graduated in horticulture and loved and knew much about gardening. She offered to help me, so I gave her a budget and sent her out to buy some plants. She then went the extra mile and planted them, which was a great boost to me. Some of the flowers haven't survived my care, but many have, and this is one example.

I love the bright orange color (it always reminds me of Dad who loved orange). It gets bigger and and better every year and will be even prettier next week.

Speaking of the garden, I need to get out and do some weeding in the morning if it isn't raining.

3 comments:

Pam's Place said...

This time of the year, about the time of the Battle of Gettysburg in 1863, the Gettysburg countryside is bathed in beautiful tiger lilies. It's a lovely sight.
Thank you for sharing this picture.

Misty B. said...

Those lilies grow wild all over our county and I love them also!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

These are simply beautiful. I have never cared for orange flowers until now!