Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

URGENT PAJAMA PATTERN CORRECTION!

If anyone,
in their haste to have a pair of cowboy pajamas,
has already started sewing them

STOP NOW!


After consulting with Eileen,

(who is much less experienced

at messing up when sewing than I am),

I probably left out one important step.


You can go through step 3 of yesterday's instructions. However, Step 4 has changed. Instead of proceeding to follow the directions on the pattern, you should turn the sewn pieces upside down.Then, instead of sewing the crotch where it should be, you sew the the leg pieces for the crotch. At this point, you can now proceed with the rest of the pattern instructions.


I promise I wasn't deliberately trying to lead anyone astray

(like leaving an ingredient out of a recipe or anything).

It's just that sometimes "genius" is just hard to recreate,

even when you've done it twice.

4 comments:

Pam's Place said...

Aaaawww, now you have me wanting to make cowboy pajamas, but I got rid of my sewing machine. Bummers.

tingey said...

Its to late.....I have already made the mistake. And to think I followed it to the end?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Dang. No cowboy pajamas for me. The directions are just too complicated.

JAL said...

Wow--I wish I had read this part of your blog before I started making Elijah, Xander, and Maxwell's PJs for the 4th of July.

Elijah's PJs did look like cowboy PJs but I re-read the instructions and the way I understood it I had done it correctly.

Sooo...I did Xander's PJs. When the measurement from the waist to the crotch was about three inches, I knew something was weird.

I had to re-do two sets of PJs. It was a lesson I will never forget. But I least the boys went home with PJs that looked liked they should!!!