Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Waiting

I've become very good at waiting.
Not because I've wanted to,
but because I've had to.

I was reminded of that today as I was waiting
in the foyer of the temple for Gary to come out
It was
deja vu times 1,000.
He has got to hold the world record
for being the slowest man alive
when it comes to showering and dressing.
I can get ready 2 times to his 1,
and that is with me applying makeup
and blow drying my hair.

It's not like I was in for any surprise
when we got married.
No one knows how many hours I spent
outside the Provo High boy's locker room
waiting for him to come out.
After any sporting event in which he took part,
(football, basketball, baseball)
I would be outside waiting for him.
Every, and I mean every, boy would come out.
Then all the coaches would come out.
Then the janitor would come out
Then 30 minutes later, Gary would come out.

So, like I said, I've become very good at waiting.
I would have gone crazy if I hadn't.

And, I have to admit,
amidst all my complaining.
He's always been worth waiting for.

4 comments:

Gary said...

Dear,

I'm glad you salvaged this entry with the final line :-)

It may not seem like it to you, but I feel like I've gotten a little faster getting ready. One way to speed things up would be a buzzed-haircut. What do you think?

Love,

Gary

tingey said...

I think Gary, you better not ask again or might find yourself bald? With us annette it wasn't the fact of waiting, it was "HE IS LATE AGAIN?"

Misty B. said...

Ok, I totally agree--Dad is worth waiting for, and you do have to wait on him! I don't think it's a coincidence that we girls had to share a bathroom with Dad growing up and Mom had one all to herself!

Astromom said...

This was very cute, this is when a good book comes in handy. I'm faster than my husband too, but they are worth the wait.