Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Births

August 29 appears to be a popular day for births.  
On August 29 of last year I gave birth to this blogspot.  
My heart was so full and I felt so blessed on that day,
that I tried to express what I was feeling in these words.

"On this day, August 29, 2008, I had a special feeling in my heart knowing that within a few hours a new grandchild would come into our lives--another soul to love, nourish, and worry about. It made me want to write my feelings (another rare occurrence), so I thought I'd do it as a blogspot."  


A year ago today we didn't know if Tiffany and Justin were having a boy or a girl, but we were anxiously awaiting the news of the birth.  We were thrilled when we got the call that we had another granddaughter.  I couldn't wait to get up to Oregon and hold her (and her sisters and brother) in my arms.

Oh, just looking at these pictures makes me want to cry.


Lucienne is her name, and she is beautiful.
(and messy in this picture)
Can you believe those eyes?

I was laughing with Tiffany yesterday when she told me that she and Justin counted and that, during the 24 hours in a day, Lucienne  is awake in only about 7 of them.  She sleeps 12 hours at night and takes two good naps.  But, the reason we were laughing was because during the 7 hours she's awake her body is "on alert."  Her legs are stiff or moving, her arms reaching for something out of reach, and her head turning in every direction to make sure she's not missing anything.   It makes me laugh just thinking about her.   

As I said, August 29 is a day of births.  It is my oldest brother, Gary's, birthday.   It is my brother, Gary's, grandson, Michael's, birthday.  When we were in Logan today and visited Gary's (hubby, not brother) sister, Janice, we found it is her granddaughter's birthday.  I think I'm missing one, but if any of this makes sense, I think you get the picture.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EVERYONE!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, our little Luci is so cute. She didn't really have a great b-day. She was cranky and tired from our ward campout. Then Justin and I went out on a date without her! HOw's that for a happy birthday. But we will celebrate tomorrow!

Tom Anderson said...

That is a nice stroll down memory lane. Thanks for sharing it.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Is that a photo of you or your daughter? Beautiful, whoever it is. Love your family photos.