Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mixed Emotions

Part of the reason I'm cleaning out so much
(besides the fact that it needs it)
is that Natalie is moving out.
We've been cleaning the outside storage
shed that has lots of her boxed up things in it.
In the process of all that,
I've been trying to clean out too.

It's fun to see Natalie so excited about decorating
and furnishing the new condo in American Fork.
She's moving there with her friends, Ann and Danielle.
They've picked up dressers and coffee tables
at DIs and spray painted them.
They're having fun gathering things they need
to furnish their new place.
Natalie lived in apartments for a few years
after high school and then moved back home
a couple of years ago.

My sad emotions come from the fact that I like
seeing her every day and will miss her
happy, loving, and helpful disposition.
My happy emotions stem from the fact that she is so
excited, will be very close to her job at Digis,
and because she will have fun with her friends.
They will be a little more exciting company
for her than me and Gary.
(Gary told me to speak for myself,
that he is pretty exciting)


She's promised we'll still see her a lot and that,
for the time being,
she'll still teach Primary
and come home for Sunday dinner.
I'm going to hold you to that, Natalie!

We'll miss seeing you every day
(but you probably won't miss some of
our annoying ways)!

3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

Tell Natalie to keep up the singing as we want her to sing to us again when we come up there.

tingey said...

I remember when I moved out. I had 5 roommates with half of them belching and members of the blue flamers club? Those were the days?

Astromom said...

I'm glad you'll still see her every Sunday and she'll be teaching for a little longer, I've loved getting to know her and being able to teach together. It is fun to have your own place. Right now I can't even think of my kids moving out I love them so, but you do have to let them move on.