Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Random Notes from

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication
(broadcast at a Church building)

Sister Leifert: (my scribbled notes)

When a child responds to a mother's request with,
WHY?
The grandmother in her wants to say,
"Because she loves you most.
She wants you to be safe.
Her wish for you is to have joy."
Likewise, when we think of commandments and
want to ask,

WHY?
The answer is the same.
Because Christ loves us most.

Listening and Obeying are for you--
not for your parents or for God.
He loves us and wants us to
be safe and have joy.


Scribbled Notes to each other:

Gary: (after continuing to feel his phone vibrating) Misty keeps calling. If she calls again, I'm going out to answer it. (The mother and father in us is imagining the worst)

Annette: Ok

Gary: She's calling again. I'm going out to get it.

Natalie:
Where did Dad go?

Annette:
Misty keeps calling -- worried something wrong.

Elder Bednar: (scribbled notes)

Contrasts

World -- hectic, crude, loud, unruly
Temples -- stillness, quiet, orderliness
World -- self centeredness, selfishness
Temple -- selfless service, love
World -- evil as good
Temple -- reminds of all that is truly beautiful

Gary comes back in. In answer to questioning look writes:

Lydia had some family history questions for Primary.
(we're usually not in Church until hours later so

they just figured we were out somewhere)

All our minds: Relieved.
Now we can relax and really listen.
After all,
Temples are all about family.

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I took hardly any notes but I loved the whole dedication. Did you know there were 31 chior members. For some reason I'm a counter and everytime they showed them I counted. Finally, the last time they came in I got the full count. Now, how stupid is that?

Anyway, it was wonderful. When we joined in the singing I cried.

Misty B. said...

Sorry about the phone call. I was in sacrament meeting and Lydia was in the foyer. I had no idea she'd kept trying to call, though it doesn't surprise me, she's very persistent. She had procrastinated calling you and she needed to have info before her class presented in sharing time. Sorry, hope you still enjoyed the dedication. Your comments were great in primary. thanks!!