Crinkled Oranges

Monday, August 3, 2009

Sweet Things

It's been a sweet day so far.
I got to watch my niece, Angie's, two little girls
for a few hours while she went to a conference.
Oh the sweetness of little girls!

We colored,
had a picnic,

and while the Erin slept
Cora and I made a brownie pops.

Don't confuse brownie pops with cupcake pops.
While the cupcake pops are majorly time intensive,
the brownie pops are very, very, easy.
(Thanks, Jean for letting me know about them!)
I'll devote a whole entry later on how to make them.
I know that Duke is dying to get the recipe.

Like I said, it's been a sweet day so far.
Thanks, Angie, for letting me taste of their sweetness.

Now on to the not so sweet stuff.
I'm heading out to buy red paint and start
painting the laundry room walls.
Thanks to Natalie, the texturing and
white shelves are already done.
It looks 100% better already.
The goal is to have the painting all
done by tonight so Gary can work on
the flooring tomorrow.

Wish me luck. I'll need it.

4 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Darling little girls.

Brownie pops? Now you've got me interested. I never did make the cupcake pops but brownie pops? I might actaully do them.

Have I said lately that you are amazing?

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

Annette-

Thank you so much for watching the girls. They had such a great time. Cora is just enamored with you and those brownie pops are DELICIOUS (I had four). please post the recipe soon. thanks again.
love,
Angie

Tom Anderson said...

Angie's kids are so cute. They look like her. Good job Angie, and Annette.

tingey said...

I am just kiddy thinking we have a new "CUP CAKE RECIPE".