Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Brownie Pops


The brownie bites I made with Cora are baked
in these silicone pans
I had never heard of them,
but Jean told me about them (and gave me one, too)
They are a great alternative to the cake pops.
They are not fudgy and gooey like the cake pops,
but they are sooooooooo much easier.
They could be fudgier with a different recipe,
so I may try something like that later.
I also didn't try to make them look like
cupcakes, but that wouldn't be too hard to do.

I made them with this brownie recipe:

3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
7 eggs
1 1/2 cups butter, melted
7 tablespoons baking cocoa

Mix sugar and flour together and add eggs and vanilla. Melt the butter with cocoa and add to flour mixture a little at a time. Fill cups about 1/2 full. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on your oven). I found it is easiest to remove the bites when they are still a little warm. Once removed, add the sticks. This recipe makes about 48 brownie bites.

I started out with 2 pans but have picked up 4 more ($5 with 50% off coupons at Michaels and JoAnns) That way I can bake one batch all at one time.

So, if you're just dying to try them,
you're welcome to borrow the pans!

5 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I have teacake muffin pans and assume they will work. I am waiting until you have found the exact perfect fudgy brownie recipe. And also, I'm lazy. If I'm going to do this I want perfection.

You are the woman, you know that, don't you?

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

those look SOOO GOOD! And really cute too. :)

tingey said...

I already have this receipe. Im coming next friday. Do you think you might save one for me?

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

thank you so much for the recipe. the ones you and cora made were delicious and so great for the kids because they create very little mess. hope your workweek is going well.

Astromom said...

Thanks for the recipe, they look soo good. At first I didn't see the sticks sticking out of the bottom, what a fun idea.