Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Strength in Numbers


The new quarters. I'm jealous of the cabinets!



Wow, it's been a long moving day.
Gary is still out in the storage shed cleaning up
and I'm trying to put some order back into the house.

Today just reaffirmed the fact to me that
"Many hands make light work."
Nat's roommate's family showed up in force
and helped load and then unload the moving truck.

Before that, my cousins Diane and Tom,
who have moved into a house just a block away from us,
called to invite us to breakfast.
They have been making 6 trips a day this last week,
slowly moving from their home in Springville.
Yet, they invited us to breakfast because they
knew we were moving Natalie today. Amazing!
We couldn't go, because everyone had just shown up,
but later in the day we drove the moving truck
over to Springville so they could get some
larger things in one trip.
When we got to their new home, a bunch of their
new neighbors helped carry their things in.

I don't know if this is making sense.
But, what I'm trying to say is that it
helping hands lift burdens,
not only of the body,
but also of the soul.

There truly is "strength in numbers."
I appreciate that more and more.

6 comments:

tingey said...

AAA.....this could be it, no more kids in the house. Good luck nat, I wish I had a beatle song for you?

Tom Anderson said...

Empty nesters now, or again. It has its advantages but I am sure you will Natalie tons. Give her my best wishes and tell her that her place looks very nice.

Tom Anderson said...

Empty nesters now, or again. It has its advantages but I am sure you will Natalie tons. Give her my best wishes and tell her that her place looks very nice.

Tom Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Misty B. said...

Way to go Nat! The pictures confirm to me that many hands are nice, but not moving is much easier. Mom, I didn't know about Diane and Tom. Will they be in your ward??

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Empty house but not empty hearts.