Crinkled Oranges

Friday, August 14, 2009

Wandering

around in IKEA for almost 3 hours
is exhausting and overwhelming!

That's what Natalie, Gary, and I
did tonight picking up odds and ends
for Natalie's big move tomorrow.
I could go nuts in the kitchen
and organization sections,
but I refrained.

Gary took a picture of me and Natalie
shopping, but it's on his iphone,
We've got an early morning start tomorrow and
I'm too tired to have him send it to me now.

So this is a pretty boring entry.
But what we're doing is anything but boring.
In fact we're wondering if we're really up for it.
It's plenty enough with just Nat's belongs.

I can't even begin to imagine the mess we would be in
to move our 25 years worth of stuff in this house.
As much as Gary has wanted to build a house
and move at times, the desire generally
gets tempered when he realizes
just how much stuff we would have to move
or get rid of if we did.

I'm falling alseep writing this . . . ssss.........

2 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

I feel for you. When Lynn and I moved after 17 years it was not a fun process, and we even left things in the garage of the old house. We still have things in the garage of the new house. It will end, eventually!!!

Astromom said...

I feel a little intimidated by IKEA, from everything I heard, it is a lot of wondering and a shopping nightmare at times.