Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Club Luncheon Yesterday

We had such a fun luncheon yesterday with my club friends, their mothers, children, and grandchildren. This club, Amies Toujours (french for "Friends Forever), began 30 plus years ago with my high school girl friends. We had reached the point where most of us were married and had children, and there was no excuse, like wedding or baby showers, to get together.

We started out very officially, with monthly meetings that consisted of scheduled activities or guest speakers. We continued that way for many years, but as our lives got more complicated and busy, we have reduced that down to about 4 times a year. The big event is the Christmas Dinner held at one of our homes. It is an all out affair, and we exchange gifts and laugh together for hours. I can't wait to show pictures of our "traveling nut wardrobe ensemble" that gets added to each year.

Here are pictures from yesterday's event.
It was held in one of my friend's beautiful homes.

There's Natalie in the center,
cutting up limes and lemons.

There were 38 adults and 18 children there.
Everyone was invited to bring their
favorite doll and tell about it.
It was so fun to see all the adorable
little girls with their dolls.
Here is a picture of some of the dolls.
(plus a living one)

Here are my friends
(minus 6 who couldn't be there
and one that, unfortunately, got cut off in my picture)

Here are Natalie and me by the dessert table.

I was so happy
Natalie could share in the day with me.
She was so willing to help with everything
and made it a point to talk and visit with people.
I told her that she has a gift that way.
From the time she was little,
she has always been interested in
and listened to people of all ages.


Thank you, Natalie.

6 comments:

Gary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gary said...

I'm quite impressed with how long and loyal Annette's friends have been to keep Amie Toujoures going. Of course, that's what their club name is all about. Much like the Turkey Bowl gang.
It was fun being the taste tester for the wide array of delectible delights :-)

-Gary

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

what a fun tradition to keep going. your cupcake desserts look delicious too. when do we get some down here?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What fun for you and all those loyal friends. I'm so jealous. My friends and I all drifted apart.

Your daughter is so pretty, Annette. I see your "cake bites," on the table. They are darling. Phil was beyond impressed. Hillary and her two girls came over and we sat on the lawn swings and ate rhubarb before going shopping and then I said, "I have a treat for all of us." I brought those out and their eyes got as big as saucers. How did you know to bring five? We all loved them. Thank you so much. You are an amazing woman.

Misty B. said...

You are a very good example of a great friend! I can't believe the cupcakes, you really out did yourself!

tingey said...

what can be said about good friends, most of these ladies are my friends also, and if I might say, very cuEt friends at that. I am greatful for everyone that has put up with me all these years and can truly say that I know how people can love one another. Thank you Annette....you are the best friend someone could ever have?