Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Beautiful Easter Day



1st of all,
the sun was shining!

2nd of all,
hearing the words and music at church
reminded me of the resurrection and atonement
and brought peace to my heart.

3rd of all,
we had a fabulous time with
Lexie, Matthias, and their friend
Rebecca

We had dinner, shared laughs,
learned new things
(or at least Lexie was learning
how to do the "peacock."

Had an Easter egg hunt,
(Thanks, Lexie for providing that)
first with the two men
and then with the three women
Quite the sight!










4th of all,
Natalie sang to Gary and me for about an hour
as an Easter gift.
I could listen to her beautiful voice forever.

5th of all,
I discovered that chocolate covered peeps are
way better than just plain ones.

The only sad part of the day was when
Natalie colored her eggs.
When she went to peel one,
she
discovered they were not hard-boiled,
but rather soft boiled.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you guy's had a good time. I think the peacock is a Gary Ashton original. I can't believe that Mr Ashton was not watching the master....on cbs. If you missed it Gary, I always have it taped.......duke

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a beautiful table. The fun just never stops with you guys. Peeps are only good after nine months, when they are hard and crunchy.

Shannon (The Daily Balance) said...

what a fun day! LOVE the lil peeps!

My mother in law makes the same bunny cake! love that thing!