Crinkled Oranges

Friday, April 24, 2009

Celebrating a Day Early

Well, the actual day isn't until tomorrow.
And the day we remember is the
day after tomorrow.
But
today we celebrated something very special.

The day started with Natalie taking cupcakes to work.



We ate delicious salad and pizza at Pizzeria 712



Birthday Girl and her Dad



Movie: The Soloist (very inspiring and sad)

Making a Wish
(But she forgot to until after she had blown it out)



Enjoying the Cupcake
Chocolate Cream Cheese
(I'll post recipe later)
Very rich and chocolaty, just like she requested.



And last, but not least, playing rock band.
Natalie did very well on the guitar
I did well on the drums
Gary did well on the singing.

But when Gary switched to drums and
I switched to singing we got booed off very quickly.
I can't understand why.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that
I can't carry a tune
and Gary has no rhythm.



Don't worry, Richard, Angie and I are practicing.

5 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Happy Birthday to a truly beautiful girl.

Of COURSE she took cupcakes to work!

The Soloist is sad? Rats, I was going to go see it or at least put it on my Netflix list for the future. How sad? A sad ending?

I'm sure you and Gary should be the king and queen of something because you are both so charming and darn good looking. Don't let a little thing like singing hold you back. You go ahead and campaign for the royalty competition.

Pam's Place said...

Happy Birthday to Natalie. Let me offer this --- not only is it ok to celebrate a day early, or a day late, it is probably imperative. It's hard to stretch it into a Birthday Week if you don't.

Annette, you always surprise and amaze me! A Rock Star? Wow, I love it!

tingey said...

Nat.....Happy Birthday! I wish there was a beatle song I could sing to you on this, one of the greatest days in our lives. Never forget how we all love you so, and just having you around fills our life so much. HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Misty B. said...

Happy Birthday! I remember very well being pulled out of my 3rd grade class to find out that I was going to pick up a baby sister! The excitement of the day will never leave me. Love you Nat, Misty

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

Happy Birthday Nat!!!!!
Cupcakes and guitar hero, doesn't sound better. Hope you have a good day.