Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Something needs to feel like Spring

Because the weather doesn't.
In fact, it feels quite dreary.

But yesterday when I came home from the dentist,
I found this gorgeous quilted table topper
sitting on my back doorstep.
I knew immediately who it was from.



When my friend, Dianne, talks of her quilting projects,
I have hinted (not too subtly) how much I would love a
spring/summer colored version.
She gave me a beautiful earth-toned one a few years ago.

I so appreciate the workmanship
and time spent imagining and creating it.
It brings to my mind
patience, and beauty, and friendship.
The colors and patterns
remind me of sunshine
and blue sky, and light,
and fun, and hope,

And SPRING.


1 comment:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a wonderful friend. And the quilt is simply beautiful. Your table will be sighing with contentment.