Crinkled Oranges

Monday, April 20, 2009

New Experiences Today

Today was my first day (of a 5 week stint) as a
testing proctor at the high school.
I'm soooooooooooo very glad that today was a set up day and
that tomorrow we will get to go through a few practice tests.
Then Wednesday it is the "Real McCoy."
(sometime when it's not so late I'll look up the origin of that phrase.
But as for now, It's just what popped into my head, so I'll leave it).
Anyway, I think once I have the system down, it will be fine.
Until then, though, I admit I'm a little nervous.

Yesterday my friend Cindy and I were talking cupcakes at church.
(It was after church, of course,
not when we were supposed to be paying attention!)
She told me she had a good frosting recipe
and said she would give it to me.
Well, she not only gave it to me, but she brought some to me.
I had been craving chocolate cupcakes every since our conversation,
so she saved the day. They were wonderful!
They gave me just the fortification I needed
to face my new adventures of the next day.



Thanks, Cindy!

Cindy's Very Good Chocolate Frosting

5 c powdered sugar
6 T Hershey's cocoa (sometimes more)
1/2 canned milk (or can use regular)
1 t. vanilla
1 c. butter

She likes the Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Chocolate Cake Mix--and I did too!

Now that I'm a working girl I'm going to try to
get to bed a little earlier.

So, Good Night

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes....... I can say that the cupcakes where scrumssssshuuuuusshhhh. With a little milk and a cupcake it made my day. Thanks Annette and Gary, I didn't gain weight, and I still ate you out of house and home..... YA! I got some bad news from the dentist. I guess I will be coming back sooooooooooon.