Crinkled Oranges

Monday, April 13, 2009

Trying to get back on a schedule

I really need to get back into routines.
I'm naturally such a "feast or famine" type person.
Or another term for it would be "all or nothing."
Every time I'm in a "feast" or "all" mode
(and I'm rushing around trying to finish everything),
I keep telling myself that if I would just do things a
little at a time that I wouldn't end up feeling so frazzled.
But, then after I've been in a "feast" or "all" stage,
all I want to do is nothing.
Thus, it is a vicious cycle.

So today I made some efforts.
I took the initiative and cleaned the bathroom,
not because it particularly needed it,
but because if I followed the routines suggested
at Flylady.net
I even listened to my Flylady CD as I wiped down the kitchen.
http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlyShop_FLY_CD.html
It's a great dance video, as you can see from these pictures of
Annie and Ashton (who is hiding behind the flylady duster)
while they danced to it more than 2 years ago.


I'm a big Flylady fan. I love to read the testimonials.
I definitely don't have the routines down,
but at least I think about them.
A step in the right direction don't you think?

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Dangit. Now I have to go clean the kitchen sink!

Tiffany said...

Is that really Annie? they really do grow to fast. Love the Fly Lady memory. love you, Tiff

Unknown said...

Tiff.... I remember when you were right there with annie. Tell me in a few more years when there married and having children?