Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

An Unplanned Respite

After cleaning bags of clothes out of my closet and taking them to the car, I was planning on heading out to deliver them to DI and then go to Costco. However, as I went to leave I realized my house and car keys were not in my purse and I was locked out of the house. I called Gary on my cell phone to see when he was coming home, and he said "soon," so I told him I'd just wait for him and relax in the car till he got home.

Well, if you know Gary, "soon" can be anywhere from a half hour to two hours, so after cleaning out the compartments in the car and getting bored, I decided to go relax in the hammock. It was another beautiful day, though after a bit I started to get chilly, so I covered myself with a tablecloth from the storage shed. I was quite happy I had been forced to relax there for a while.



Once Gary got home, we went in the house before heading to Costco (such an exciting event in our lives), and I couldn't find my keys in the house. I had looked all through my purse, and I knew they weren't there, so where were they? I retraced my steps, and after looking in the back of the car, what do you know? The keys were under the big bag I was taking to DI.

So all of that was not necessary at all.
I could have gone out and come back home
in the time I had been waiting in the hammock.
But then, of course, I would have missed
my relaxing time in the hammock
and missed having Gary with me at Costco
and wouldn't have bought a
Turkey Wrap and Berry Smoothie
and had the fine dining experience we did.

So, all in all, I'm glad I thought I left my
keys in the locked house.

5 comments:

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

annette- i miss berry smoothies at costco... i'm jealous you lost your keys.

Misty B. said...

I had to giggle. That's pretty funny.

Pam's Place said...

Now I have something to write on my "Something Funny" line in my new journal tonight. But I laugh with you, not at you, of course. It just sounds like something I would do, so I can relate. It really did all work out for the best, didn't it?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a cute photo of you under the tablecloth. Too funny. I have key issues too but now that the Clown Car cannot locketh itself I hope mine are over.

Unknown said...

Annette..... should there be a primary lesson in all this? Perhaps a chat with the big guy upstairs would have help the situation? And if im right about Gary, (and I think I am) you were asleep for quite a while? Just a thought.