Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Making Cards with friends

I get together with two different card making groups. The one with my ward is where a group of us just show up and an amazing woman has made card kits for us to put together. I don't know where she comes up with the ideas or has the time to do them all, but she does.



With my friends tonight we each come up with a card idea and put together five kits for each person to make. This does not come easily to me. I have a hard time deciding what to do, how to do it, and making myself actually begin the process. Even though I know I have it coming up, I am usually right down to the wire finishing everything up. Once we are all together, we have a very fun time visiting and leave with 15 to 20 finished very cute cards. We've decided that we all have distinct styles, so it's fun to have some different ones from what we would usually make for ourselves. I'm grateful that we do this not only for the good company but also because it forces me to use the many tools and papers I have. And, I'm making a very public commitment to not be doing any last minute putting it together this next time.

2 comments:

tingey said...

Annette..... How am I suppose to deal with this entry?

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I think you have a love affair with the third letter of the alphabet. Cards, Cupcakes, what else? Does your hubby know?