Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Now I'm the only Redhead in the House

First of all, I am VERY proud of the streak
of RED I have in my hair.
I show it to everyone who ever wonders where
my granddaughter, Lydia, got her red hair from.

My hair was RED when I was born.
Of course I don't have any color pictures of it,
but I take my Mom's word for it.
In fact, if I remember right, she always said I was a
scrawny little REDHEAD when I was born.
Well, scrawny would never describe me now,
but I think I still qualify for redhead.

I mean, look at this.



It just glares out at you.

Another shot just to prove it.



Indisputable, I know.

When I left for a baptism this morning,
Natalie looked like this with her RED Hair.



She's been trying to be like me for the last
couple of years in that aspect.
(She had to do it artificially because she
didn't come by hers naturally like me)

But when I came home she looked like this:



I really, really like it and she does, too.

But, now I'm the only REDHEAD in the house.
I'll look forward to when Lydia comes to visit
so there will be two of us again.

3 comments:

tingey said...

what is it about "RED HEADS" that helps women forget there thought process? That is one thing I can't remember about you annette, and you know we have been friends since 4. Well, just a thought, but I think your a great blond, please...... "DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENT?"

Pam's Place said...

I LOVE Natalie's new color!

Annette, I never really thought of you as a redhead, but I guess you are a rosy shade.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

She looks FABULOUS. And you look fabulous, too. I'd love to be as scrawny as you, my dear.