Crinkled Oranges

Monday, May 4, 2009

"Walking Nervous Breakdown"

After having been locked away for a day,
I thought I better do what the wizard said.

So, we sat down to read scriptures,
and I asked Gary what topic he wanted to discuss.
He said "procrastination."
We have a "Book of Mormon Made Easier Book,"
so Gary was looking through it for that topic.

In the process he came upon this paraphrasing of Mosiah 4:27
and told me he would bookmark it for
me.

"Be aware that you don't have to be a 'walking nervous breakdown' waiting to happen in order to be a faithful saint. Just do the best you can in wisdom and keep improving."

Somehow that imagery makes me laugh.
In fact, I can't read it without laughing.
Maybe that is the purpose.
They do say that laughter is the best medicine,
so maybe that's the medicine
for not having a nervous breakdown.

I'll let you know.

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Is this like walking pneumonia? I once asked the doctor what "walking" pneumonia was.

"It's just pneumonia," he said. "If you are not in bed and are walking around it's walking pneumonia."

So, I guess if we don't want to be a "walking nervous breakdown," we should lie down until urge to have a breakdown goes away. Right? We could read a few dozen good books while we are there.

YOU make me laugh so often, for instance the Sunday after the chocolate delivery when you tried, oh so hard, to look innocent. That face, that little innocent face, still makes me chuckle. I will never be a walking nervous breakdown with you as a friend.

PS What is the Book of Mormon Made Easier book? Is it for kids?

duke said...

Look who is calling the kettle black.

Misty B. said...

Ok, I need that Book of Mormon!