Crinkled Oranges

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tribute to my Grandchildren's Great Grandfather

I wanted to let my Missouri Family and grandchildren to know that they have been in my thoughts and prayers.

They buried their grandfather and great grandfather, Virgil Timmerberg, today. He passed away after a very sudden illness on Thursday. He was 90 years old, and was still driving and planting his garden up until then. I feel blessed that I got to know him when Misty married Dan. He was always there at all family gatherings and parties and was always welcoming and friendly to us.

He was the mayor of High Hill Missouri (population 216) for many, many years, and that little town will feel his loss. He was an avid fan of all Montgomery County sports teams. He loved his grandchildren and great-grandchildren and was always very supportive of them. His wife of 66 years, Rosalie, died two years ago, but he has stayed independent and positive during all this time. I know he was always such a wonderful grandfather to Dan, and I'm glad Jackson, Lydia, Hyrum, and Harrison will always have wonderful memories of him.

His obituary is here:

http://obituaries.expressionstributes.com/?o=754a94947

A Long Life Well Lived

1 comment:

Misty B. said...

Thanks for the tribute! He was a great man and we will miss him. I'm sure grandma's excited to see him.