Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ok, I'm having a meltdown

I just had a meltdown.

Both of my hearing aid batteries went out and I couldn't hear a thing. I am like 95% deaf without them. I searched all over for more batteries and couldn't find any. I was so upset at myself that I dumped out drawers and bags and purses looking for my extra ones. I put in my old hearing aids and they were squealing all over the place. That just made me madder. I finally sent Gary up to the school to see if my extras were up there. They were. He came home very relieved that he had found them. He didn't want me to dump out any more drawers. He has kindly left me alone now to clean up my messes. No, he is
gladly leaving me alone to clean up my messes!

Why does that make me so angry?
Because I feel vulnerable?
Because I'm mad that I need them?
Maybe I was just due for a meltdown.
I don't know,
but my meltdown is mostly over.

Now, on a happy note.
Ashton called and told us he made 5 goals in soccer.
Way to go, Ash!


Gary was flipping pancakes this morning for the breakfast with the Deacons, and Ashton was helping (via the apron with his picture on it, anyway).

Cooking pancakes is a tradition all the grandchildren have with Gary. They are all his pancake flipping buddies. I can't wait for July when we can flip more pancakes together.

And in the meantime,
I'll try not to flip out any more.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm glad I'm not the only adult that has meltdowns! In fact, every one in my house has had at least one meltdown today (some more than others). Well, except Ashton and Justin. They are the stable ones. Oh wait, I see a trend. . .it must be a female thing. Well, at least were all in it together. Check my blog for a video. Love you. Tiff

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I am so sorry. I know where you will be tomorrow. Completing the storage item you forgot about.

Why are meltdowns frowned upon? They reset our systems, clean out the old gunk and if were were smart enought to cry during the meltdown, we feel better, dang it.

Go bake some cupcakes. Oh, never mind. That "wagon" thought is dead, isn't it? sigh

Misty B. said...

Mom, it's so ironic that you posted this because just last night I was thinking that I could feel your frustration more than usual in your last few posts. Almost like something was under the surface. So basically, I'm glad you got it all out! Is it all out? I too can't wait for you to come visit. I'm really looking forward to it! Love, Misty
P.S. I can't write about my melt downs or it would take my entire blog!

Unknown said...

i never knew you could get angry grandma-lydia