Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A New Friend

I was browsing a collectible store today
and made a new friend.
I knew from the moment I laid eyes on her
that we were meant to meet.

I don't know how old she is,
but we're so much alike it's almost uncanny.
Physically we stand neck to neck,
and she's just about my size.
(
Ok, I might have her waist and hip
measurements as soon as I'm done
with my personal training sessions)

She's a little bit of an airhead,
but what can I say.
I told you we were a lot alike.

I invited her to come home with me,
and already she is good company.
She stood by and watched as I worked on
cupcakes for my club luncheon on Saturday.
She listens really, really well
and agrees with me on every subject.

Though I've only known her for an afternoon,
I know we'll be friends for a long time.
In fact, I've already given her the latest apron I made.
That sealed the deal.
I only give aprons to friends (or family).

She's ready to keep me company for a long time.

I hate backside shots, but I couldn't resist
taking one of her.

I hope she'll still be my friend
after taking that picture.

5 comments:

Annette said...

(this is really Gary)

Well Dear,

If you and your friend are that much alike, I'm sure she'll still be your friend because you're still my friend after I've photographically captured your backside more than once through the years. Why don't we resurrect a few of those shots? :-)

Love you,

-Gary

Misty B. said...

I love it! Where are you going to keep her? That's so very perfect for you. Love, Misty

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

annette-
i love it and i think you have her exact measurements- now!!

Unknown said...

Annette, sometimes you are just embarrasing!!!!!!!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

She's one of those friends you can see right through.