Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm Beat

It has been a fun day, but I'm beat.
I finished the flowers this morning, made cupcakes, went to a ward luncheon after the ward cleanup, went shopping, went to dinner, and then started to clean the house.

I put little sticky notes on the kitchen counter this morning that said:

Saturday Chores.
Gary: Mop kitchen and sunroom floor, vacuum main floor
Natalie: Clean downstairs bathroom, vacuum and dust family room
Annette: Clean upstairs bathroom and bedrooms

They've done better at their chores than I have, but we've made progress. Thank you!

Gary spent all morning, along with many other men in the ward, helping neighbors do yard clean-up. It is a wonderful thing they do and a beautiful sight to see. There were older men, younger men, and little boys and girls helping their Dads load up tree limbs and trash. It really touched my heart to see so many serving so willingly. Among other things, Gary was in charge of helping some young men dig gardens.

So he did all that, then helped me clean the house.
Sometimes things like that are just the lift I need when I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.
Thank you again.

Anyway, I haven't had time to scan any pictures that I mentioned yesterday, but I hope to tomorrow. I'm off to bed.

No comments: