Crinkled Oranges

Friday, March 20, 2009

Ahhhh, Spring

It really is SPRING.
The snow has melted off the curb!

There is a SPRING in my step.
(and my step is just little sore after attending a zumba class)
Description of Zumba: "Latin workout that burns calories, promotes fun. Horns blare, drums pound, timbales keep time while 40 women shake, shimmy and swivel in unison. Whoops and hollers ring out as a petite redhead with the best abs on the planet leads the women through the salsa, cumbia, cha-cha, samba, mambo and merengue."
PLEASE DON'T LAUGH AS YOU PICTURE ME DOING THAT!

There is SPRING in my heart
as I think of my wonderful son-in-law, Justin,

who has a birthday today!

SPRING
reminds me of the blessings
of the the Atonement,
of Rebirth,
and of the knowledge that one day we will be reunited with
all those we love who have moved on from this life.
Which I feel very poignantly right now.

1 comment:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I would love to see you dancing with the horns blaring. drums pounding, timbales timbaling or whatever timbales do. I can just see you and it's a good sight.

And I agree about the sentiment about the Savior and about being reunited with loved ones. I am so grateful I have that knowledge. How bleak it would be to think death were the end.

Happy Zumbaing!