Crinkled Oranges

Friday, March 13, 2009

Did you know . . .

That 75% of artists never finish their projects?

That's what I learned on one of my favorite shows,
Studio 5, that I DVR every day.
Here is the excerpt that I loved:

http://studio5.ksl.com/index.php?nid=71&sid=5833896
(Warning, only bother watching if you've always
dreamed of a an amazing craft room.
Otherwise you will be bored)

Well, I don't consider myself an artist,
but I do have those yearnings.
Who knows, Dad didn't pick up oil painting
until he was 58, so I still have time.

I felt like creating today, so I decided to make
this apron one of the 25% of my projects that I do finish.
Tiffany picked this fabric out for an
apron about 6 months ago, so it is long overdue.

It will be much cuter on you, Tiffany,
since you have a waist and the chair doesn't.

Ties criss-cross on the back so there is no
pressure on the neck

And the towel is detachable for easy washing
or if you just don't like it.


Hmm, Now I need to get Misty's Mu Mu done
before she comes out (Aren't you excited, Dan)

Then I need to make an apron for Lydia so we
can do some cooking when we have our girl's week.
What kind of fabric, Lydia?
Cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies,
pies, cherries, ladybugs?
I'll take some pictures of the fabrics and you decide.

Sometimes just thinking about creating is fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...I am so wanting a craft room. And why, "BECAUSE I JUST DO". All the brushes, color bead's, and of course the special cutting machine from Provo craft. With all these things I think my life would be complete.....duke

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

75%? Oh, no, it's true. I have started half a dozen books and not finished one of them. Not one! Gak.

The apron is darling. You are amazing. How do you do it all?

Tiffany said...

LOVE IT MOM! I cant wait to wear it. You really are amazing with your projects! 10 more days and I'll be there. yay!