Crinkled Oranges

Saturday, March 14, 2009

My day so far

Yesterday I called my friend, Robin, to see if she wanted to go
with me to our friend Cathy's daughter's baby shower.
Robin called back this morning and said she would like to,
so I told her I would pick her up at noon.
I googled Comanche Lane because I always get mixed up in
Indian Hills, and figured out how to get there.
Robin and I were both carrying our invitations
so we were able to find the house,
but were a little concerned that there was only a truck in front.
We made our way to the door where there was a sign that said,
"please remove your shoes."
We became even more concerned because all the

shoes on the porch seemed to belong to boys

with very large feet.
No dainty woman's shoes to be seen.
By that time we had rung the doorbell,
and a very tall young man in a basketball jersey answered the door.
Robin, in her very savvy way, had the presence of mind
to ask him if his mom was there.
He very nicely replied that she wasn't home right then.
I was still speechless, but Robin asked if he happened to know
if there was a baby shower, and if there was, where it might be.
At that point, both the nice young man and Robin and I realized
that we obviously had the right place, but the wrong day.
It's next week.
Well, all was not lost, as it was nice talking to Robin
since I haven't seen her for a while.



Once I got home I checked my email and found a response
from my sister wondering about an email I had sent out.
She had two questions:

Does it mean I am not invited if I am not on the email list???
Is it Sunday the 29th or Saturday the 28th?


I had sent a group email to the Anderson family inviting anyone
in the area to dinner when Misty and Tiffany are here.
She had gotten the email only because her

daughter had forwarded it to her.

Somehow I had not included her in the group mailing,

and I had said Sunday the 28th when

Sunday is actually the 29th



Then the phone rang, and it was Robin wondering

if she had left her phone in my car. She had.

That helped me feel a little better about myself.



Right now I'm thinking I better go take a second look at the

invitation for the wedding dinner we are going to tonight.


I did talk to the groom's mother yesterday


and we're riding up with two other couples,


However . . . I'm beginning to seriously doubt myself.


I think I'll go


take a second look.

2 comments:

Pam's Place said...

i know we're not supposed to feel this way, let alone say it, but misery loves company. I find myself doing this kind of stuff more frequently these days, and it is reassuring that I'm not alone. A sense of humor really helps, doesn't it?

My sister used to have a refrigerator magnet that said, "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." I need one of those. Maybe we could have an Enrichment meeting to make some
:-)

Anonymous said...

Only you could get the wrong day? It might help when you look at the invitation, one of the clues is when it say's the 21st. And answer one thing for me, is Kathy a little old for a " baby shower "???????duke