Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Treasured Desk

Here are the pictures of my desk (as mentioned in yesterday's post)

It started when I wanted a filing cabinet.
Dad and I shopped around a little
but he decided he could make one.

To which Dad added a desk with a shelf

With rolling slats that open up to cubby holes (I love cubby holes!)
Notice the little glass door with the figurine in it
Dad picked out the figurine and gave it to me.

Add a shelf that slides out for a typewriter
(Yes a typewriter, not a computer.
It was 1973)

No space wasted.
A storage cupboard on the side.

Which makes it into a treasured piece of
furniture crafted by my Dad.

3 comments:

Pam's Place said...

This is a beautiful piece of furniture, Annette. A real treasure. (I'm also very, very impressed with how tidy it is!!)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a lovely little desk. I guess it's no so little, is it? I envy you that you have something made by your dad. I agree with Pam. So tidy! Yikes. You are a neatnik or is it a cleanfreak?

Anonymous said...

Golden was about the best person I have met in this life. He always treated you like his painting's and furniture, with utmost respect. From the Duke family to the Anderson family.....duke