Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, March 12, 2009

The snow that never melts

Last week I had high hopes that these
mounds of snow would be gone.
Then we got the snow storm that added more.

This is how it looks today.

Notice that all the way down the street,
our house is the only one with snow on the curb.
It is always that way,
and I usually complain about it.
Our snow is probably the last to melt
because the Colorado Spruce trees
and the front bushes block the sun.
I love those trees and bushes,
so I guess having snow a little longer is worth it.

Hint to someone:
Remember how much I love those trees and bushes
next time you want to cut them down.
Thank you.

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Well, you will be able to make ice cream when there is no electricity and all your neighbors will be storing their fridge stuff in your snowbanks. They will be valuable some day.

Anonymous said...

Annette....sorry but pulling a duke comes rather easy these day's. If you want no snow "MOVE TO THE SOUTH", but I guess in your case, I would bet Oregon or Missouri? But if you want to live in Provo. YOU ARE STUCK WITH SNOW.....duke