Crinkled Oranges

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Changed Plans

Today has been full of changed plans.
 
The first change came at 12:15,
when Gary called to see if I had the pizzas. 
Pizzas? This did not compute for a moment. 
Then I remembered that last night
(as I was in bed falling asleep)
Gary had asked me if I could pick up
and drop off a couple of pizzas for his
professional development meeting.  
Then I vaguely remembered saying "yes,"
but any memory of that was gone by this morning.

I felt terrible, but still figured I couldn't be held
responsible for anything asked
me when I'm half asleep.
Anyway, I pulled the only thing
already made from the freezer
(cupcakes--I know that's hard to believe),
and ran those up to the school to
try to redeem myself.

Then I got a call about a need for more
casseroles for the homeless shelter.  
Our ward has done that once a
month for many years.  
Kay and Maisel, who are my cousins,
have done such a good job of
organizing and delivering them,
and it's something that is really helping people.

Anyway, I made a very un-special casserole.
Meatballs and green beans from the freezer mixed
with some sweet-and-sour sauce and rice.
I guess the only really redeeming thing about it
was that it was loaded with meatballs.

Then I've been sewing an apron and trying
to take pictures for the promised tutorial.
(I have a new admiration for
people who post tutorials.)
In the middle of that,
I got a rush doc management job,
which I just finished.

So now before something else comes up,
I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I thought that things slowed down when all your kids were out of the house. I have been deceived! Well, at least you are accomplishing a lot.

You have a stay at home job? I'm jealous.

JAL said...

I don't know how you do everything you do! I continue to be amazed!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I'm with JAL. How do you do it all? Shoot, I had a casserole--in a zip-loc bag--in the freezer. I think it's been there a long time so maybe I better just toss it.

Caramels made and wrapped and in the church bag. Flag me down. I may volunteer in the nursery if Mary Jo needs me. And IF Margaret is there.