Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, October 18, 2009

One thing

I managed to avoid, as a mother,
was pumpkin carving. 
It's messy. 
It makes me nervous
to watch  the kids using a knife. 
It's something I could hand over to Gary.

In fact, I think the only time I ever did it
was last with the Idiart grandchildren.
Tiffany had a new baby, Justin was at school,
so it was me. 
It wasn't as messy or as nerve-racking
as I remembered it being.

Still, I was more than happy
just to observe this fun event
here with the Bishop family.





Harrison showing Gary the
expression he wants on his pumpkin

Pretty close, don't you think?
The finished Products





3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Scary pumpkin Harrison has there! I love Lydies pumpkin. love you, Liza

Tom Anderson said...

Those are really cute photos, keep them coming. I can tell you are in Grandma heaven.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Gone are the days of pumpkin carving here. And one year I saved the pumpkin and canned it. I must have been insane.

The pumpkins are darling and scary too. Where do they go trick or treating? I can't imagine anyone making it to their house. LOVE the porch.