Crinkled Oranges

Friday, October 30, 2009

A glimpse of

my life in 1965 -- 11 years old
(fifth grade)


All I can say, is there are some things
that don't change.
I really don't have ignarnt friends now, though. 

January 4 -- I am quite a worrier.  Every time anyone goes any where I am always afraid they will get in a wreck.  Daddy has to go to work tonight at 12 and every time he goes at 12 I always worry he'll get in a wreck.


January 10 -- I made a cake before I went to Sunday school.  It turned out good.  I got a talk for Sunday school.  My first one.  I played all afternoon.  Mom and dad went to lunch then they went to a fireside.

January 22 -- At school today it was quite fun.  I made some popcorn and some fudge.  I'm going to watch nightmare movie.

January 25 -- My friends are starting to go against me.  I don't know why.  After school I came home and just played around and made some cookies.  Joel gave me a record.



February 26 -- I went to school today.  Mrs. Roberts was quite onry.  When I came home none of my friends could play so I just goofed off.  Later I made some fudge.

March 6-- Today at bowling my highest score was 112.  After bowling we went to the school and just goofed off.  I made Daddys birthday cake.

March 14 -- Today after Sunday school Richard, Carol, and Jan came and ate with us.  After Jana and Marsha came over and we made fudge.  My friends are real ignarnt to me.

April 30 -- Today at school our class went roller skating.  We had real fun.  After school I came home and played with Jan.  I just made cookies but they didn't work.

May 13 -- Today at school we were getting all ready to go on our field trip tomorrow.  After school I made Tom a birthday cake.

May 14-- Today at school we went on our last day of school trip.  We had the most fun riding up on the bus.  We sang songs and threw candy at the boys and they threw back.  Now I think I like Gary (yes, my husband)  better than Joel.  We went up to the capital then the pioneer museum then the hogle zoo. 

May 16 -- Today at Sunday school Tommy taught our class and it was fun.  After Sunday school I ate dinner and then Jana came over and we made cookies.

May 17 -- Today at school Mrs. Roberts was real onry and I hate her.  After school I came home and made a cake for Charlenes birthday.  Then I went to Marshas.

May 30 -- Today we went up to get Gary (my brother) at the airport.  I'm really proud that I belong to this family.  The farwell was real nice. I'm sad Tom is going to leave.

June 7 -- Today we went up to Salt Lake to take Tommy to the mission home.  We we came back I moved all my stuff in to Tommys room.  

(last entry was June 10.  I must have been having too much fun having my very own room to write in my diary any more.)

***

4 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

That was priceless. You are correct, some things never do change. Worry, cakes, service, and taking over my room the same day I left. Couldn't you have waited even a day??

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Oh, Annette. I'm sorry you had ignorant friends. Just goes to show you that things turn out all right. You were doing things for others all the time, way back when. And you sure made a lot of fudge! We made popcorn every single Sunday, after church. Mom and Dad always went for a ride so my friends came to my house. Simple times, we didn't know what was in srore for us.

Tiffany said...

Classic. I love this. :)

Nat said...

Mom and her cakes :D I love this