Crinkled Oranges

Sunday, October 4, 2009

I Love

General
Conference
Weekend!

I love our sticky bun tradition.
 

Gary shown pointing to the
gooey piece he wants.

Natalie better hurry and get here,
or she won't get any!


I love the
encouragement, guidance, and reminders
from our church leaders about
what is important in life.

A few of my Notes From General Conference:

We have the power to overcome life's hardships. 
If we learn divine principles, we will see things as they really are.

We all share the same desire to become better. 
Happiness = thinking of the welfare of others
Sorrow = comes from selfishness

Lessons from the past help us in the present

Remember the "ity" virtues. 
Integrity is basis of all of them: 
charity, fidelity, honesty, civility, chastity, humility, responsibility

Get a Grip

Ask yourself, "What have I done for someone today?"

We have a stewardship for ourselves and our families
We have a stewardship for the poor and needy.

What is the condition of our changed heart?


I love lounging around in our comfy
clothes while watching and listening.
(no pictures, we were too comfy)


Today,
I loved working in the kitchen
with Natalie and
making this recipe:
Summer Pasta
shared by my friend, Lynne.
This is a thanks for you, Lynne.
Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam


We called it "Fall Pasta,"
because we used the last of our
tomatoes from the garden and
used fall decor.

(This recipe is definitely a keeper!)

I love the resolve the conference talks
give me to strive a little harder
to serve better and with more pure intent.
I love how I am reminded of
who I am and what I can become--
and that I don't have to do it alone.

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Wait! Sorrow comes from selfishness??? Please explain. What talk was that? I have a big dose of sorrow.

You took better notes than I did. I'm glad I have it on the DVR so I can watch it again. Maybe one a day would be good. I slept through Brother Holland's talk and both Phil and Pam said it was fantastic.

Glad you like the pasta. YOu can make it in the winter with dried basil and it is just as good.

Becky said...

Everything looks delicious! I'm definitely going to steal your recipes. I"m a recipe thief!