Crinkled Oranges

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Exercise

We went to the gym today for the first time in a month. Our personal trainer is moving, and we have just a few sessions left anyway. So today we did a routine on our own. We tried to remember what all the exercises she had written down were. We kind of figured it out, but it definitely makes a difference when someone is there pushing you and showing you how to do it.

But we have to learn to do it on our own
and
make it a habit.

Why is it so against my nature to want to exercise?
I've never gotten that "runner's high" I hear about.
Maybe because I don't run?

At this point in my life
it is more than just about how I look.

Though that is definitely a big motivator.
It's about how I feel. Having energy.
Doing the things I want to
do without having my joints and
my back hurt when I do them.

I want to live to see my grandchildren grow up,
be involved in their lives,
and watch them start families of their own.
But, I want to be as healthy as I can while I'm doing it.

We are told over and over that exercise is very important to our health. The risk of heart disease (which is big in my family), diabetes (which is big in Gary's family), and all the problems that usually come with age, can be be lessened with exercise.

So we need to persevere.

Make exercise a habit.

Make exercise a habit that we love.

Only eat 1 cupcake a day.

Eat our fruits and vegetables
(We are doing better at that. When we went on Nutrisystem last year it really helped us make fruits and veggies a more regular part of our diet)

My new Mantra:

I LOVE EXERCISE

I LOVE EXERCISE

I LOVE EXERCISE

I LOVE HAVING AN ACTIVE LIFESTYLE

I WOULD RATHER BE EXERCISING THAN
CURLED UP READING A BOOK


I WOULD RATHER BE EXERCISING
THAN EATING CUPCAKES
(Ok, that's pushing it a little)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL......I think the first thing you need to do is cut out the "CUP CAKES" Cake, brownies, anything that might have more sugar and butter involved?

Tom Anderson said...

I love your journal entries. Think of excercise being a cupcake???

Misty B. said...

I love the cupcake entry followed by fitness. It's how it should be!!!