Crinkled Oranges

Monday, July 13, 2009

It's a big job

but somebody has to do it.
So Gary is the one to do it this year.
He dreads it all summer,
but once he starts he can't stop.
As I took the picture he pointed out that
this was the hump bush.
The hump bush?
I never knew.
I guess that once he's finished
trimming this one he's "over the hump,"
or more than half way done.
I'll always think of that middle bush
as the hump bush from now on.

Way back in January I posted a picture of this

and said I wanted to look at it in July.
Well here it is now.

I think I need a new paint job on the mailbox.

3 comments:

Cheryl Day said...

Annette...tell Gary he is the best! The trimming looks great! Probably the neatest house on the block! I found a cute cupcake cook book for you at a yard sale. Looks brand new. I will drop if off on my way home from work one of these first days....Glad you have such fun with your darling family and cute grandkids!! Love ya, Cheryl

Angie Crompton Murphy said...

Annette-
I loved reading about your trip to Missouri. It looked like you had a ball. I love the t-shirts and the pjs looked great too. hope to see you soon.

angie

Misty B. said...

Way to go Dad! I was thinking about you today because I was so grateful for the phones I now have in my kitchen and bedroom thanks to you. I keep forgetting to tell you that Harrison was concerned after you left because you left "your phones" here. I explained that you had bought them for us. To that he said, "Oh, so we can call Grandma?" You can't get one past him!