Crinkled Oranges

Monday, July 6, 2009

So Fun

It's so fun to have our two oldest grandchildren here.
This morning Gary went to the sporting goods store
with Jackson to get him a bat for his birthday,
Then he took him up to check into the baseball clinic.
This was a fun experience for Gary.


Once Jackson was gone,
then Bunny Hollow Bed and Breakfast
began catering to it's sole guest, Lydia.

We got ready, said good bye to my friend
(who is now dressed in more than just an apron),

and spent several hours shopping at the mall.
Lydia was very excited about this.
Misty, her mom, hates malls and will avoid
them if there is any way possible.
I explained to Lydia my take on why her mom
hates going to a mall so much.

Grandma Ashton, Gary's Mom, was
what I would call a professional shopper.
She would take Misty and Tiffany out to
the mall and spend hours there shopping for them.
Even if they found what they liked at one store,
she would have them put on hold so they could
go to every other store to see what they might have.
More often than not they ended up coming back
to the first store and getting the things there,
but it was a very long and tedious process.

Grandma basically clothed our children during our
young years, which was really a blessing to them and us.
But, it made shopping at a mall a somewhat
tedious experience for the kids and one
they don't care to spend time on now.
That's my take on it, anyway.

After telling Lydia that story,
she commented that she could kind of understand.
Because, even though she was excited about all the
cute school clothes she had found,
she was tired after being in just one store
trying on clothes for about an hour,

Then Lydia, being the very wise
and observant girl she is,
said that maybe this is why she
was meant to come shopping with me.
So she could learn why her mom feels
about it the way she does.

What a fun day spent with my granddaughter.
Shopping, Lunch, Build a Bear, movie at home.
I'm feeling blessed.


Sleep tight,
don't let the bed bugs bite.

3 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

I love your photos and your comments. I hope Gary is not teaching his grandkids how to hit or pitch, that would be a big mistake. Perhaps I should fly out there to undo the harm he has done????

Misty B. said...

Lydia, I think Grandma is probably right. I spent more time in a mall than most kids your age. I'm very gald you're getting to go with Grandma. I love your bear. We miss you guys. My computer was down yesterday and it's taken all the energy I have to fix it today. Enjoy Bunny Hollow because I'm really missing your help around here. It's going to be a group effort to bring this new baby to the family. Love, Mom

tingey said...

I miss Afton and Jess....I miss her calling Gary, JOE? Afton would come play poker with us when we were in High School? Jess told the greatest stories. I know where Joe get's his story teling ability. When we think back and remember the people we love, I think just a bit of heaven come's to us and we love the fact that we had these wonderful people in our live's.