Crinkled Oranges

Friday, July 10, 2009

What a day

What a day we've had.

Lydia and I started it out making cupcakes.
Before we could even start frosting them we
came upon this
As Lydia phrased it, "The scene of the crime."
Gary says we have no proof it was him,
but we don't need any proof.
If food comes up missing, he is the culprit.

Lydia is a natural at decorating.
She has just the right touch.
Giving a "crusty" face because Jackson
wants more frosting on his.
Eating his cupcake with lots of frosting.

Me and Lydia in our matching aprons.

We worked on the talk Jackson is
giving in church on Sunday. It's on
"Being an example during hard times."
He didn't really need my help,
as he had great thoughts all of his own.
But I loved sharing that experience with him.
Then we went bowling.
Gary won the first game and challenged me on
the second one with a threat.
If he won the second game,
I wouldn't be able to hug Jackson and Lydia
when they leave tomorrow.
So I think you can pretty well guess.
I won that game.


Then we embarked on our next activity.
Laser tagging (never done that before)
An added bonus was that my nephew, Jared, and his wife Sara are in town from Arizona. We met up with them, their three boys (who are as cute as they come), Stephanie and Bryce, and Jean and Ross.
We had so much fun playing laser tag, even though my team didn't win. In fact, I just may be the reason my team didn't win. Let's just say that in spite of being led by the hand by Jackson, Sara, and other helpful teammates, that I was usually lost or walking around dead. Yes, I can even walk around dead.

We topped off the evening by coming back home
and eating cupcakes and ice cream.

Here is the picture I'm very excited to show.

Are you ready Tom?

Gary coaching and training your grandsons (properly)
at baseball.


7 comments:

Tom Anderson said...

That photo depicts an act deserving death!!! What next??? Gary sitting as their mentor on the philosophic things of life???
My grandsons are as cute as they can be, the other thing in the photo is scary!!!!!

Steph, Bryce, Andie, Bree, and Zoe said...

Thanks again Annette! It was a lot of fun to get together with you guys, and you were completely hospitable, as usual! :)

-Steph and Bryce

Tiffany said...

So fun. Wish we could have been there. Definitely no down time with Jackson around!!! And I love the aprons. Very cute pattern. I'm also jealous you were able to see Jared and Sara. It's been way too long. Love you all, Tiff

Misty B. said...

Well, I saw this entry after picking the kids up and hearing it all from their mouths. It was fun to hear their perspective of the many excuses Grandpa made for losing that second game of bowling. And Jackson couldn't get over that Grandma actually ran into a wall during laser tag. They went on and on about how much fun they had. They have the greatest grandparents ever!! Thanks again.

I too am jealous about the time with Jared and Steph. Seems like we always miss them when we're in town. Love, Misty

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

And lookit, matching aprons. I wonder who made those? Gary has cruel and unusual punishment. You should walk around dead and exact some punishment of your own. Like hide the cupcakes.

Very cute pictures and sounds like a fun, fun day.

tingey said...

Why did you make cupcakes after I left. NOW I AM MAD.....

JAL said...

Annette and family,
Thanks so much for letting us join your laser tag activity--we had a blast! Ross, Steph, Bryce and I all said we are anxious to improve our skills now that we think we know what we are doing.

It was fun to see Jackson and Lydia and have them get to know some of their cousins.

Those were GREAT cupcakes that you and Lydia made. Thanks for sharing.

You are the best friend a person could have. We love you and your family very much.